- Expands Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions data disclosure, including TCFD-aligned climate risk analysis
- Commits to develop net zero greenhouse gas emissions plan
- Provides results of inaugural ESG materiality assessment
- Profiles strength and increasing diversity of Broadridge Board
- Highlights strong associate engagement with Great Place to Work® certification in nine countries
NEW YORK, October 18, 2022 — Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: BR), a global Fintech leader, today released its 2022 Sustainability Report. The report highlights a year of strong progress in its ESG initiatives.
“Broadridge continues to make important progress on its ESG journey, driving digitization across our client base, enhancing our disclosures, developing a long-term net zero emissions plan, and upholding a strong culture of diversity and inclusion,” said Tim Gokey, Broadridge’s CEO. “Our approach is underpinned by the Service-Profit Chain, with highly engaged associates driving satisfied clients which in turn creates long-term shareholder value.”
The report highlights that Broadridge:
- Digitally suppressed 86% of paper in equity proxy communications (up 5 percentage points from two years ago), further reducing the cost and the environmental impact of corporate governance for public companies
- Facilitated approximately 2,500 virtual shareholder meetings in fiscal year 2022, helping to increase investor engagement and drive digitization
- Increased the representation of women on the Board to 33%, with women chairing two of the three Board Committees. Broadridge has increased the technology and regulatory expertise on its Board which is now close to 60% diverse
- Disclosed detailed workforce diversity data with the addition of its 2021 U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEO-1) Report in the Sustainability Report
- Created three new employee Associate Networks focused on young leaders, veterans, and employees with disabilities, complementing existing networks focused on women leaders, multicultural engagement, and LGBTQ+ awareness
Broadridge is committed to keeping its stakeholders updated on the progression of its ESG journey. It has launched an updated sustainability website detailing key initiatives, and a separate site outlining Broadridge’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion program and initiatives. To access those sites and learn more, please visit the following links:
- Click here to visit our new Sustainability website, where you can download our sustainability reports, our CDP report, and learn more about our environmental initiatives
- Click here to visit our page on Social Policies and Framework
- Click here to visit our page on Governance Policies and Framework
- Click here to visit our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion website
- Click here to learn more about our sustainable products and solutions
Broadridge Financial Solutions (NYSE: BR), a global Fintech leader with more than $5 billion in revenues, provides the critical infrastructure that powers investing, corporate governance and communications to enable better financial lives. We deliver technology-driven solutions that drive business transformation for banks, broker-dealers, asset and wealth managers and public companies. Broadridge’s infrastructure serves as a global communications hub enabling corporate governance by linking thousands of public companies and mutual funds to tens of millions of individual and institutional investors around the world. Our technology and operations platforms underpin the daily trading of more than U.S. $9 trillion of equities, fixed income and other securities globally. A certified Great Place to Work®, Broadridge is part of the S&P 500® Index, employing over 14,000 associates in 21 countries.
For more information about us and what we can do for you, please visit www.broadridge.com.