1. Information about Broadridge
All of the companies in the Broadridge Group are committed to protecting the privacy of our current and former employees, job applicants, and other people with whom we work.
2. Personal Information Processed by Broadridge
2.1 We collect, use, store and, when necessary, transfer, your personal information through automated and/or paper-based data processing systems.
2.2 We may process the following categories of your personal data:
- Information you have provided to us in a resume/curriculum vitae and covering letter.
- Information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications.
- Information you provide to us during an interview.
- Information you provide us as part of any communications, such as e-email.
- Aptitude test results (where applicable).
- Background screening data from screening checks, subject to applicable law, if you are selected for a position. These checks are typically provided to us by third parties who provide employment background screening services.
2.3 We may also collect, store and use:
- The following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Criminal convictions, subject to applicable law.
2.4 Please note that you are not required to provide any personal information to Broadridge. However, if you do not provide certain personal information to us, we are unable to consider you for employment.
3. Legal Basis for Processing and How We Will Use Your Personal Information
3.1 Processing of personal information:
- We will process your personal data in order to pursue Broadridge’s legitimate interests in recruiting appropriate personnel into our organization and, where recruitment activity leads to you becoming employed or engaged by us, in order to carry out appropriate functions as an employer or consultant. We will only do so provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role as applicable.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
3.2 Processing of sensitive and/or special category personal information:
- We will process your criminal convictions related personal information and/or special category of sensitive personal information based on your explicit consent. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by notifying us in writing.
- We may use your sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We may use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made during a test or interview.
- We may use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
4. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We will not use profiling techniques or make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless:
- The decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you;
- We have your explicit consent; or
- We are required by law to use the technology.
5. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
6. Transfer of Your Personal Information
6.1 Your personal information may be transferred to:
- Other Broadridge affiliates located in other geographic locations, which will only process your personal information for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice; or
- Our third party service providers, which use your personal information only as permitted by our contracts with them (such as for recruitment services, verification or vetting, as appropriate).
6.2 We will also always transfer personal information when required to do so by law.
7. International Transfers
7.1 Your personal information may be processed in a location outside the country of your employment or engagement which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws. However, regardless of where your personal information is transferred, we will protect it in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
7.2 We generally use approved European Union Standard Contractual Clauses to assure that personal information is adequately protected when it is transferred out of the European Economic Area, but we may also make transfers to recipients with approved Binding Corporate Rules or to recipients in the United States who have certified to the Privacy Shield Framework.
8. Data Retention
If you become a Broadridge employee or consultant, we will retain your application data as part of your employee or consultancy file. If you are not offered the job that you have applied for, we will retain your job application data in compliance with applicable law so that we may contact you about future opportunities. Please understand that these rights are subject to some limitations, such as when we are processing or retaining data to comply with our own legal obligations.
9. Your Rights
Broadridge respects your rights to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of your personal information as required by law. This means:
- You generally have a right to know whether or not Broadridge maintains your personal information. If we do have your personal information, we will provide you with a copy (subject to the rights of others) upon request. If your information is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to update it.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information. If we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- You may also ask us to delete or restrict your personal information.
10. Who to Contact?
10.1 To exercise any of your rights or if you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, please contact HRHelpdesk@broadridge.com and your query will be routed as appropriate.
10.2 If you believe that we have processed your personal information in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint with email@example.com.