Global regulatory requirements and increasing transaction volumes demand greater operational efficiency and risk management. Yet many firms are not fully effective in leveraging the variety of transactional data held in different silos in order to make the correct risk management and operational decisions. Inaccurate information can cause settlement losses, trading errors and reputational damage.
Broadridge Reconciliation can dramatically reduce this risk by automating the entire reconciliation process to monitor, validate, enrich and match transaction data from the earliest point in the trade cycle through to final settlement.
Improve business control & transparency
Broadridge Reconciliation enables you to improve control through dynamic business activity monitoring and real-time views of your operation. Instant enterprise-wide status and performance information is delivered on customised dashboards, with full tracking for operational management and risk.
Reduce risk – manage your exceptions proactively
Risk can be reduced through the early detection of trading and settlement-related anomolies. The solution’s advanced workflow, combined with its intelligent business rules processing, alerts users to exceptions as they occur so that they can be investigated and resolved in good time.
Achieve higher levels of operational efficiency
Operational efficiency levels increase by using Broadridge Reconciliation as a single solution to automate reconciliations for all asset classes and business areas. Users benefit from improved match rates and a central access point across different types of transactions. Web access drives speed and efficiency for firms operating a branch network.
Lower your operating costs through fewer exceptions
Broadridge Reconciliation is proven to reduce substantially the number of exceptions, the time for which they remain unresolved, and the costs associated with managing them. It empowers users to take preventative action where necessary to maximise STP.
Increase the effectiveness of your funding & collateral management
The effectiveness of your collateral and funding operations can be increased through consolidated views of reconciled positions for securities, cash and derivatives. This also enables you to improve the accuracy of your collateral and funding decisions because they are based on reconciled balances.
Choose from a range of deployment options
The solution is deployable on-site, as a SaaS or a full managed service. Whichever option is preferred, Broadridge delivers a single-supplier approach that combines award-winning technology, scalable infrastructure and the operational support of highly experienced subject matter experts.
Broadridge Reconciliation is extensively proven to drive operational efficiency across a broad spectrum of business areas:
Unrestricted Reconciliation Scope – Enterprise-Wide
Broadridge Reconciliation can reconcile and process exceptions across departmental or enterprise-wide operations, and across all internal and external systems. It offers a truly multi-asset solution that enables firms to gain a consolidated, unified view across all types of transactions.
Cash balances can be reconciled in real time or periodically, with reconciled cash positions controlled through a central, consolidated view. Cash balance usage and funding decisions become more effective and less risk-prone – you are safe in the knowledge that they are based on reconciled data.
The solution automatically reconciles securities transactions to holdings, achieving exceptionally high match rates and volume throughput and reconciling all balances and their component parts. Online status monitoring enables firms to retain control from trade date through to settlement, including reconciliation for both pending transactions and for confirmed transactions.
Unlike solutions that are focused solely on the cash market, Broadridge offers fully integrated reconciliation for complex derivative instruments - both exchange-traded and OTC. Real-time monitoring takes place throughout the lifetime of a contract at both a trade level and portfolio level.
Fees and Commissions
Reconciliation provides full control of commissions and fees, giving firms the information required to manage trader P&L, inclusive of brokerage, as well as payments and receipts across all financial instruments, entities and trading partners. As a result, firms can ensure they are not being overcharged, negotiate improved terms and leverage best execution across their trading relationships. Using this solution can deliver immediate benefits to the bottom line.
Achieve your enterprise vision with Broadridge Reconciliation
Create a single centre for reconciliation services, globally, regionally or nationally, supporting all business lines and functions
- Deploy a single solution to support all activities for a Reconciliation Centre of Excellence for your end-user community
- Use a centrally located organisational team responsible for running and delivering reconciliation results, on a global basis
- Provide customers of the utility with a standard, easy-to-use framework to migrate existing controls, eg. from other platforms, bespoke builds, end user tools
- Take control of new reconciliation requirements without the need for external consultants, shortening time to market through a standardised approach, and reducing postimplementation project costs
- Deliver high quality results at the earliest possibility, through advanced automation and workflow
- Fast-track your cost savings and drive process efficiencies by operating a central team
- Put your trust in Broadridge’s straightforward, proven, low-risk implementation methodology, managed through a dedicated team that works in close alignment with your central operation, from the initial capture of requirements, through testing and into production
- Put your trust in Broadridge’s straightforward, proven, low-risk implementation methodology, managed through a dedicated team that works in close alignment with your central operation, from the initial capture of requirements, through testing and into production.
Unparalleled Functional Innovation
- Hierarchical business unit model supports data segregation and centres of excellence - controlled centrally by default, yet with full flexibility for alternative models
- Processes any combination of transactions, balances, positions or reference data
- Full historical break tracking irrespective of whether trade data is supplied once, incrementally or as a snapshot
- Reconcile cash and stock in a single process
- Rigorous validation and accounting integrity
- Powerful exception management with rules-based distributed reporting
- Regulatory compliance support including full reference data versioning and 4-eyes controls
- Intelligent business rules to enrich data, reproduce complex business criteria and ‘push’ results to external systems
- Reporting, historic data snapshots and report warehousing
- A multi-tier distributed service-oriented architecture (SOA)delivering highly scalable, parallel processing
- Fast-track, low-risk implementations and a choice of deployment models including an on-site licensed solution, a SaaS solution, or a full managed service that includes the outsourcing of both solutions IT and the operational functions associated with reconciliations