Effective January 1, 2009, Corporate Issuers filing proxy materials with the SEC must now post these materials to a public website at the time of their mailing to shareholders. This is a requirement of the SEC’s Mandatory Notice and Access Rule, which required large accelerated filers to post their materials to a public website starting January 1, 2008.
Web Hosting Regulatory Requirement
- All issuers who are required to file must post their proxy materials on a publicly accessible website at the time of their mailing
- Materials posted on the Internet must be printable and searchable
- Use of the SEC EDGAR website is not permissible
- This public site cannot utilize “cookies” that infringe upon the anonymity of the shareholder or anyone accessing your proxy material online*.
The Broadridge Solution
- Universal shareholder landing page where all shareholders can view proxy materials easily utilizing any browser
- Secure environment – secure socket and 128 bit encryption eliminates graffiti artists and provides for privacy and security
- Secure Tier IV data center
- Redundancy – multiple servers and server locations
- Volume capable/load balancing – stress tested to replicate high volume environment
- Reliable hosting environment providing 24/7 access and up-time
Updates, industry news, service updates and proxy tips to support your efforts throughout the year.
This hands-on paper outlines safeguards in allowing participation in shareholder meetings online.
Broadridge Corporate Issuer Services - Client Portal Reference Guide